The RIEGL miniVUX-1 LiDAR sensor that Thew Associates’ utilizes is equipped with a RGB camera which allows us to provide a high density colorized point cloud to clients. The general output of a LiDAR sensor is a .LAS file. This file contains vector data for every point within the cloud. Therefore, many different “Layers” of data can be extracted from the .LAS file. These layers can be translated to different types of GIS formats such as 3D Face, 3D Mesh, vectors, TIN’s, DSM’s, DTM’s, break lines, planimetric lines, etc.
A sample of deliverables include:
- Raw Point Cloud - Attributes include: XYZ, Intensity, Return #
- Classified Point Cloud - Attributes include everything from Raw Point Cloud plus unique classification of buildings, vegetation, powerlines, utility poles, ect.
- Extracted features - Buildings, trees, etc.
- Rasters - Digital Elevation Models, Digital Surface Models, and Intensity rasters.
- Contours (GIS or CAD formats)
- AutoCAD breaklines and features